The application process for the fall STEMtorship Network has closed. Please check back for future STEMtorship offerings.
Women's Center STEMtorship Network
The Women's Center STEMtorship Network is a group mentorship program that aims to build a network of support for undergraduate women in STEM. Monthly meetings throughout the academic year will include a combination of guest speakers, professional development and community building activities. Join us and get to know other women in STEM while learning strategies that support your professional and personal goals!
Applications are due Monday, October 3rd. We will inform you if you have been admitted to participate by Friday, October 7th.
Participants in the Women's Center STEMtorship Program will...
- Get to know other women in STEM
- Learn from the experiences of other women in STEM
- Receive/provide support and affirmation from/to other women in STEM
- Learn about campus and community resources that will support their success at UC San Diego and beyond
- Learn how to balance academic work with participation in the broader UC San Diego community
- Be part of a learning community where participants learn from one another
Participants will receive...
- Dinner at each meeting
- A copy of Blazing the Trail: Essays by Leading Women in Science
- A certificate upon completion
- An opportunity to meet cool people and be a part of a supportive learning community
- Invitations to special events and opportunities
- Attend the majority of the sessions scheduled for the 2016-2017 academic year (5 of the 8 sessions over the academic year)
- Complete a pre and post assessment
Fall Quarter Meetings
- Thursday, October 13 – 5pm - 7pm
- Tuesday, November 15 – 5pm - 7pm
* Meetings will take place at the Women's Center unless otherwise noted