VOICES Leadership Program
The VOICES Leadership Program is a year-long leadership development opportunity for undergraduate women students at UC San Diego grounded in feminist leadership principles. Through community building, reflection, and interactive activities, participants will develop their voice and uncover their leadership potential. The VOICES Leadership Program is designed to build a community of women leaders committed to social change. The program consists of participation in a day-long leadership retreat followed by participation in a series of Women’s Center programs throughout the year.
All undergraduate women who will not be graduating in the 2016-2017 academic year are encouraged to apply. However, those who have had less opportunities to develop their leadership skills will be given priority. At the end of the academic year, participants will be invited to a recognition ceremony and receive a certificate acknowledging their participation in the program.
Completion of the VOICES Leadership Program requires the following:
1. Attend VOICES Leadership Retreat on Saturday, October 15th, 9 a.m.–4 p.m., Women's Center
2. Attend monthly VOICES gatherings. These gatherings are exclusively for VOICES participants and are an opportunity to build community as well as explore leadership skills throughout the year. Events will be held on the first Friday of the month throughout the academic year (except January):
- Fall Quarter:
- Friday, November 4th, 4-6pm
- Friday, December 2nd, 4-6pm
- Winter Quarter
- Friday, January 13th, 4-6pm
- Friday, February 3rd, 4-6pm
- Friday, March 3rd, 4-6pm
- Spring Quarter
- Friday, April 7th, 4-6pm
- Friday, May 5th, 4-6pm
- Friday, June 2nd, 4-6pm
3. Attend 1 additional Women's Center event per quarter and complete VOICES Passport (instructions for completion will be given):
Why participate in VOICES?
- Access to free and fun quarterly events held exclusively for VOICES participants
- Special invitiations to campus and community events
- Looks great on a resume!
- Develop yourself as a leader
- Receive a certificate of completion acknowledging your participation in the program
- Have fun and make new friends!
Applications are due by Monday, October 3rd. Acceptance notifications will follow. Please email Cecily Nelson-Alford with questions or concerns.