Maps and Directions
The Women's Center is located on the UCSD main campus, in Student Center West, between Mandeville Center and the Original Student Center, on the 2nd floor, above Hi-Thai Restaurant. Map to Women's Center
We have a large common area, lending and browsing library with computer kiosks, community kitchen, outdoor balconies, conference and small meeting rooms, a gender neutral restroom with a shower, baby changing stations, a lactation room, along with administrative offices for staff.
Driving and Parking
- Take Interstate 5 north or south to the La Jolla Village Drive Exit.
- Take the La Jolla Village Drive Exit and head west on La Jolla Village Drive (left if you are northbound, right if you are southbound).
- Go through the stoplight at Villa La Jolla Drive (north). Bear right onto Gilman Drive (east). As you enter campus, you will see the Visitor Information Center on your right.
- If you are visiting for the day you can purchase parking pass there and park anywhere on campus.
- Please make note, there is no parking available at the Women's Center. It is a short distance from two parking lots that offer hourly and full-day paid parking options.
- Continue on Gilman Drive past the Visitor Information Center, and through the stop sign. Go underneath the wooden pedestrian bridge. At the next stop sign, turn left. Bear immediately right into Parking Area P113. Handicap and paid parking is available, $1/hour. From P113, head into the heart of the original Student Center. Past the General Store and Food Co-op is a large elevator directly in front of you. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, and turn left. The Women's Center is directly in front of you on the west side of the building.
- Continue on Gilman Drive and turn left onto Scholars Drive South. Go up the hill, past the Che Cafe and the Theatre District. Before Revelle College, the road proceeds right. Continue past Revelle and Muir colleges. The road proceeds right again and becomes Muir Lane. Continue on Muir Lane, and make a left at the stop sign. The road proceeds left. Continue past the next stop sign and make a left into Parking Lot P208. Park, then proceed toward the south exit and cross the street. Turn right and follow the sidewalk until you get to the stop sign, then turn right. Follow the path (Ridge Walk), past Sungod lawn. You will see Mandeville on your left. The Women's Center is located on the right side of the building, across from the LGBT Resource Center. Take the stairs or elevator to the top floor and head west.
Closest Loading Zones
Map to Loading Zones
- Option 1: From Gilman Drive, pass the Visitor Information Center, and through the stop sign. Proceed under the wooden pedestrian bridge. After the next stop sign you will make a left on Mandeville Lane and head past the yellow NO OUTLET sign to an area providing multiple Loading Zone parking spaces in Parking Lot 414.
- Option 2: Continue on Gilman Drive and turn left onto Scholars Drive South. Go up the hill, past the Che Cafe and the Theatre District. Before Revelle College, the road proceeds right. Continue past the Muir Soccer Field, located on the right, and turn right on Scholars Lane, which will lead you to Lot 201 where multiple Loading Zone parking spaces are located.
Please remember you are permitted to park in Loading Zones spaces for the limited time posted, usually 15-20 minutes, after which parking citations with fines are issued.
Several public bus routes go through UCSD, including the 30, 41, 101, 150, 201/202 SuperLoop (Gilman Bridge Stop), 204 SuperLoop, and 921, which have bus stops on Gilman Drive and elsewhere on campus. The Women's Center is close to many of these bus stops. The nearest bus stop to the Women's Center is near the Gilman bridge, near the 150 and 201 stops.
For information on bus routes from your area, please visit the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System.